Old
12-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
At the end of that 4 minute power play that the Kings squadered in the first period, I thought Darryl Sutter was sending a message to the players by sending out the 4th line on the PP. I thought that to that point, the Kings were playing pretty listless and the Blackhawks were outskating them. He stated in his post game interview that he did that because it was a long powerplay and he wasn't going to use just 2 group of forwards. He continued to roll the 4th line out even on defensive zone draws the rest of the game. At any rate, after that point in the first period, the Kings really started to play motivated and hustle. If it was unintentional, whatever he did/said at that point, the guys responded. That was awesome to see because after about the first 10 mins of the game I expect the Kings to bend over and get pounded.
I saw that quote too and don't believe it. Playing on the PP doesn't tire out the players so much that they can't double shift during the PP, especially the Kings stagnant PP. The 4th line out there was a message to the team and they heard it loud and clear.

I think Sutter just wants to keep what happens during the game between himself and the players. I think Sutter only talks to the media because the NHL makes the head coach talk to the media. It's just like how he won't tell them starting goalie because this "isn't baseball".

Kompon still needs to be fired though. I don't think an assistant has ever stayed with the same team with 3 different head coaches.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote