View Single Post
Old
12-29-2011, 02:45 PM
The Beezer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
May not be enough prep time. Also, you think they'd fill that building? I'm sure the last thing the NHL wants is empty seats for one of their showcases.
I think there are a lot of factors why it can't be at the Meadowlands with the number 1 reason being that the Giants and Jets wouldn't go for it. It would force them both to be on the road for the last 2 weeks of the season. Not to mention the prep time (depending on how long it takes to disassemble) for a possible 1st round home playoff game the week after.

I don't think empty seats would be a problem as long as they are priced smartly. I personally think that the football stadiums are suited better to hold the event versus the baseball stadiums (hence the main reason I'm not going to Philly). You would think something along 3rd base line (a great seat for a baseball game) would be a good seat, but by the looks of things you are far from the ice behind the net. I like the concept but I just rather spend the money on really good seats in the Garden (or WFC center for that matter).