View Single Post
Old
12-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
Does Clifford's play in the last couple games remind anyone else of playoffs Clifford from last year? He's been throwing hits, finding loose pucks, getting into board battles, actually getting some chances, and crashing the net. He may not be fighting, but I find this very encouraging.
I wonder how much of it is motivation spurred by change versus adjusting to Sutter's system (sound long lasting lineups, more aggressive on loose pucks, and constant feedback). I really like Sutter's matchups too. He is thinking the game better, with a more energized fourth line skating hard, getting into puck/board battles, and fighting for loose pucks, he can focus that line against more offensively talented opponents and try to wear out their more skilled players while focusing our offensively gifted talent against their lesser matchups. It wouldn't have worked with Murray because the pairings/lines were bad, inconsistent, and he didn't have the bottom 6 playing this aggressively. Despite my initial reservations, Sutter has been a complete breath of fresh air for this club thus far.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter