View Single Post
Old
11-05-2003, 01:19 PM
Yanner39

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
question for both of you (and anyone else who feels like answering)...

how did you become oiler fans?

i'm always interested to hear how people caught "the oiler fever".

personally, i grew up in St. Albert (just north of edmonton) during the "dynasty days". let me tell you, it was quite the thrill to watch that team live. now that i live in calgary i find it almost more fun to be an oiler fan. these calgarians really are jealous folks!

the rest of you?
I was a Habs fan by default because all my family was. When the Oilers came into the league, they were fast and exciting and had a player by the name of Gretzky. It was also at that time where I was a little older and started following hockey in general alot more.

It's funny because I think I'm a bigger fan now than in the '80s mostly because in that era, the Oilers would pretty much always win. On any night, it was a given that they would come out with a victory. From the '90s onward, it wasn;t the case so I would follow them more, see what moves they would make, possible trade, drafts ,etc. The guy I going with to the game tomorrow used to be a huge Oiler fan as well. But when the Sens came in the league, he turned on me. *******.