View Single Post
Old
12-29-2011, 07:56 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Its always nice to see a player that poile traded up to draft come through. I believe he dealt two second rounders to someone for the right tomove up in the second to draft josi. Looking like a good call. I think he did the same thing with wilson. That appears to be paying off too.
We traded a second (46th) and a third (76th) for Josi. The second rounder was traded by Phoenix to Florida, who tabbed Colby Robak with it. Phoenix used the 76th pick on Mathieu Brodeur. The Yotes also ended up getting Jared Staal and Justin Weller as a result of the exchange. Staal is no longer in the organization (traded to Carolina) and Weller is a marginal player on an average Red Deer team.

Probably TMI, but I just find it funny that Phoenix got absolutely nothing out of that whole exchange despite having the most picks, while Nashville and Florida both got great young defensemen.

Josi played really well last night, and he seems to have only gotten better over the last couple of weeks. He's by far the best skater of the "Little 3" and that has helped him make the transition to the NHL very smoothly. He doesn't panic, he doesn't force the play... he has a very, very high ceiling.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote