View Single Post
Old
12-30-2011, 09:35 AM
jagrgodr

vCash: 500
And this is why i love Jagr:

Say this about Jaromir Jagr: One asset he never lost is his showman's flair, the accomplished actor's penchant for the dramatic.

Give Jagr a special moment, a spotlight he can call his own, a reason to be far better than just good, and he is capable of turning back the clock and being – as he once was – the best player in hockey, if only for a precious few moments.

Moments like this one.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=608792

------- He still has it in him, he can step up his game and still amaze people ------

Jagr was the best player on the ice for much of the Flyers' fourth consecutive victory in Pittsburgh, and his goal that gave them the lead for good at 2-1 with 6:03 gone in the second was textbook Jagr.

In stride, Jagr collected NHL scoring leader Claude Giroux's drop pass in traffic and artfully threaded a perfectly placed backhander through two Penguins defenders and into the net for his 12th goal of the season. Immediately, he skated toward the glass and gave his trademark salute to a Penguins fan wearing a Kris Letang jersey.

The goal was vintage Jagr. So was the celebration.

---- I love how they are rewriting history to have Giroux drop the pass instead of Hartnell, HAHAH. I honestly enjoy the writers version better ------