Old
12-30-2011, 11:27 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
Lowest scoring team of all time?
Nope. Not yet anyways. The Lightning one year had like 151 goals in an 82 game season. We are vying to be one of the worst though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
Trevor Lewis has 1 point in 28 games this season, and Brad Richardson has 3 points in 28 games, yet these two play top 6 roles on our team. And we wonder why we can't score?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Trevor Lewis is complete garbage. It blows my mind that he gets paid to play professional hockey as a forward and can't score goals. I literally can't remember the last goal he scored. Was it in 2009?
Agreed. I also agreed with this several games back when everyone was clamouring for Richardson and lewis (especially Lewis) to get a shot on the top two lines. Lewis had four points in five games apparently one time and somehow that was supposed to overshadow the fact he has four career goals. Just because players can skate decent, suddenly they become the latest shiny new toy. Half this board has ADHD I swear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
BACK to BACK on the ROAD in fact 3rd game in 4th night w/ lots of travel in between ... and we get 3 pts out of 4 on the road / 5 pts out of 6 last 3 games ... I can't be too upset.
Will be fun playing Winnipeg more often next year

oh BTW ... we're back in 8th !!! PLAYOFFS BABY !
This. While I am disappointed we didn't get a win considering all we needed was a frickin goal in 60 minutes, we still netted three points on a back to back aginst two of the hottest teams in the elague and didn't allow a signle regulation goal. Plus Bernier continues to look better and better and this game will only help that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
I love having a nice young player in A-Mart sitting in the press box instead of being shopped to bring back a nice forward
Who says we aren't? It's not the most common time of year to see trades done. Maybe there just aren't any deals worth taking at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi11 View Post
1 point isn't bad, but it's never good to lose to teams like the thrashers when so many others are beating them.

Btw, those "thrashers" are one of the hottest teams in the league right now and sitting 6th in the East with virtually the same record as us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
The Kings team shooting percentage is an abysmal 6.9%, the lowest in the league. The only team under 7%.

That means opposing goalies are AVERAGING a .931 SV% against us.
That is truly a freaky stat. What's the league average?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
That draft setup Boston's future for the next few years. The last time the Kings hit homeruns in a draft like that was the 1980 draft.
http://www.hockeydraftcentral.com/1980/picksla.htm

They ended up with Larry Murphy, Jim Fox, Steve Bozek, and Bernie Nicholls.
Are you referring to the homeruns for Boston being just Lucic and Marchand? If so, LA's hit like that since 1980. 83 (Galley, Stevens) 88 (Gelinas, Blake) 90 (Sydor, Lang) 97 (Jokinen, Corvo) 2000 (Frolov, Visnovsky) and 2005 (Kopitar, Quick) for sure. If you meant something else, my apologizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
What I would do for the Kings to acquire Brett Connolly from Tampa Bay. They can have Bernier and a defenseman of their choice not named Doughty.
So Bernier and Johnson for Connolly? Stop watching the WJC already!

Connolly will be alright, but he's a 20-25 goal guy I bet for his career. He's not Heatley or Stamkos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Nothing out there to trade for that won't cost too much. I hope Lombardi doesn't ruin our strong point to save his job or please the fans. Semin isn't the answer and Parise will stay in the East.
I'd give Semin a try if the price was decent. Stoll and pick for Semin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Fire the coach
We did that. Do you mean fire Kompon? Because firing Darryl would be pretty dumb. Offense or not, we are 3-0-2 under him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Penner is worthless, not helping out on that goal WPG scored. Jets were all over the net, and Willie couldn't hold em all off. So Penner was skating around the top of the circle waiting for the puck to come to him, when he needed to go help on D.

Got a point, but goddammit Penner...
Penner had a good game I thought. Had a great tip in front of Mason in I think the second and nearly got the rebound. If he had, we'd likely have a 1-0 win and he'd be the hero.

Penner's been bad, but he's not the main problem with this team. He played good last night from what I seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
How come some of you are so predictable ? Its embarassing.

At least follow the same course. If the Kings win (yesterday) than this team is great and if they loose (OT loss) than they completely suck again. Its laughable.

Some of you should become reporters, they also act like that.

I'm satisfied with the point.
Agreed. If we had scored a goal in regulation, this team would be the greatest thing since sliced bread and all the talk would be about how awesome the defense has been to allow zero goals in 120 minutes+. Instead, the team sucks, let's trade Johnson and Bernier for a kid whose lighting up the WJC and we should just tank to get a good pick.

Everyone should just chill out. We have 8 points in five games under Sutter and are moving up. I've been one of the biggest critics of the fact our offense scores less than a 19-year-old in Belgium but we should be looking at the positives here. 8 out of 10 points under Sutter, with all of one practice to work with. Give him a chance to impliment his system before we screw for a rebuild while we call DL a witch and toss him into a river with a boulder tied to his feet.

Chill out.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote