View Single Post
Old
12-30-2011, 12:01 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Talk to me when Avery isn't past his prime and can score 40 points in a season, and bring what Prust brings.

Oh wait, he can't.
Since when does 31 qualify as "past prime?"

Quote:
Then you bring up points...tell me when Avery touches Wolski's 65 points.
Wolski scored 65 points 2 seasons ago, and hasn't done **** since.

In fact, despite Wolski getting far more ice time last year (Avery playing 4th line minutes, Wolski playing top-6 minutes) Wolski scored only a whopping 11 more points than the talentless past prime Sean Avery.

That was a great example to use man, you really helped prove your point.

Quote:
Mitchell has provided more to this roster than Avery has this year.
Mitchell has done what since being broken up from Hagelin? Nothing.

He's a career AHL'er who had his 15 seconds in the sun when he was riding Carl Hagelin's coattails. Other than that, he's been nothing special. He controls the puck along the boards with Dubinsky and Boyle, but do they ever score? No, all that work for nothing, and Mitchell isn't great defensively either, and is as slow as ****.

Quote:
Avery is also 20 times weaker a player than Dubi is. Nobody brings up Dubi's assists, either- guess what? Avery has ZERO.
Avery is 5'10 185 pounds, Dubinsky is 6'1-6'2 and 215 pounds. You're really going to bring up strength with that disparity in size? That's like saying "HAY GUISE, WHO IZ STRONGUR? CHARA OR FLEURY? GEE GUISE, I DON'T KNOWZ, FLEURY LOLZ?"

Quote:
Boyle is 5 times the defensive forward Avery is.
That's definitely not the case. If that was, Boyle would be a Selke caliber player, and I hope to god you're not implying that. If so, watch Kesler, M. Richards, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg more often.

Quote:
The only joke here is that there's a cult here that thinks Avery is STILL RELEVANT.
Gee, I don't know, some cult called the numbers says that when Avery is in the lineup, the Rangers win. Look at the records with him, and without him since he joined the Rangers.

I think I'll go with the stat that says the Rangers are a better team with him in the lineup.

What's even more sad is the fact that you were once apart of that cult. EVERYONE, and don't even try to deny that you didn't LOVE Avery for the longest time. Now, it's so easy to turn your back on the guy, right?

Last edited by CM Lundqvist: 12-30-2011 at 12:09 PM.