Thread: Proposal: Avery 1 game
View Single Post
Old
12-30-2011, 12:35 PM
SgtJoseph

vCash: 500
That ship has sailed already in my opinion.....When he was sent down to the minors i actually liked the idea of the Flyers picking him up because as crazy as Avery is, i could see him contributing to our club,and i thought it would be epic to have him lace em up for the classic wearing Flyer Orange, it would of added a whole different kind of Buzz and story line to the HBO 24/7 lead up and the classic etc. After all Pro Hockey is all about entertainment and packing the seats night in and night out.Hated players fill the seats just as much as the stars do, 1974 was a great example of that ?.....Having said that, our club has some youngsters that are really coming along nicely, and a few of them have a similar edge that Avery has, but they don't have the extra baggage he brings which is Avery's downside and it out weights the talent he has too often.....

Not so sure why many Ranger fans dislike Torts ? I think he has done a nice job with your club, and your players seem to be responding well with Calahan's leadership adding a nice bit of good direction and grit to his style of coaching....