View Single Post
Old
12-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Bandit

vCash: 500
At what point does Kopitar take responsibility?

First, let me say that I love Kopitar, he's one of my favorite all time Kings. He's talented, hardworking, humble, and has a great attitude towards the game, the media and the fans. At what point though does he play like the high paid, first line center that he is?

I had been thinking about bringing this up for a few games now, and was surprised to hear Jim Fox finally casually mention last night that Kopitar has no goals in (now) 17 games straight. Before that, I hadn't seen anyone, either here or in the media, so much as mention the fact that our highest paid forward has gone nearly half the season without scoring a goal.

That is just completely unacceptable.

At the start of the year, Kopitar was attacking the middle of the ice, taking the puck to the slot and asserting himself as a dominant offensive weapon. In the last month he's gone back to floating around the perimeter, taking whatever space the defense funnels him into instead of being aggressive and dynamic. If Kopitar had scored just 4 or 5 goals in the last 17 games, which is a very attainable number for a player of his caliber, the Kings could easily have 2-3 more wins.

He wears a letter, he's the highest paid forward on the team, when is he going to play like it?

Also, people don't want to believe it, but:

http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/11/27...-move-to-left/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Hammond on November 27th
Now, Brown also goes back to a line with center Anze Kopitar
I still don't give Kopitar a free pass because of this, but it is so obvious that these two do not belong on the ice together it boggles the mind that the coaches don't see it.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote