Old
11-05-2003, 04:07 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
By accepting his role as a 3rd line center rather then enforce it and think he can be more due to the Rangers media and fans.

Manny isn't a regular, Manny has a boat load of competition and it's hard playing every game as good as you'd wish when you have the incertainty whether you've impressed the coach or not, whether you will be in the line-up the next game. Awaiting for someone on the team in front of you to go down with an injury to grab your chance. Not exactly the perfect situation to develop your further attributes and skills and not exactly the best food for your morale. Yet everytime he did well, everytime he impressed the coach and the fans.

That and Manny is 2 years older, he has matured and developed his game around the edges. With more time and seasoning, Manny will develop into a nice 3rd line two-way center, that's my opinion on the kid ever since his arrival and he hasn't let me down one bit.
How is he a third line center all the while not being a regular.

I agree with Davisian. Sounds like the exact same player we had in New York. Tons of promise. Little results. The numbers speak for themself.