View Single Post
Old
12-31-2011, 09:42 AM
cska78

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOGiLNY View Post
I was born in Russia but moved to Canada when I was 13. I don't think my Russian passport was renewed however I have my Canadian citizenship.

I'm now 27 and have never been back.

If i were to go back as a Canadian citizen, is there any risk at all of me being taken to do military service or anything like that?

Probably shouldn't be asking on a hockey forum, but some opinions would help
u shouldn't be worried about the military, what u should be worried is getting a russian visa. By their law you are a russian citizen and they will not give you a visa for your canadian passport. You have two options: pay 500-600 U.S. and cancel your russian citiizenship all-together, or spend about the same and renew your russian passport (which i have done, and yes I am a dual citizen of usa and russia). YET, it took me 13 month to get a confirmation of my citizenship, which you must do if your passport has expired (if you didn't grow up in moscow and st. petersbugh it may take looooooong time ) and another 3 to get my passport.
Therefore, if you wanna go to UFA you may as well get started now and unless you grew up in aforementioned two cities you may not get your papers on time, you will 99% not get a visa stamped in your canadian passport.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote