View Single Post
Old
11-05-2003, 03:44 PM
King Nothing*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Is it just me or is Messier treated this year as anything, BUT a 4th liner. There have been several nights that he has received more ice time than either Holik or Lindros. Granted, he may play with 4th liners, but what 4th liner plays all 2 minutes of a PP (as Mess has this year on occasion)?. He averages as many minutes as Anson Carter. As a matter of fact, his average ice time is 4th on the team behind Kovalev, Nedved, and Holik. And Holik averages slightly over a minute of ice time more than Mess. Does that sound like a guy that is a 4th liner?
Sorry, I will pay tribute to Mess when he becomes #2. But while he is here (and while Jackass is here), Messier will NEVER be just a 4th liner. He will never skate the time that Larianov is skating (around 12 minutes a game). He will never take off the back-end of a back-to-back night (like Yzerman does). He may be a 4th liner in name, but reality is far different.
Now back up your statement with player performance. Until you can tell me that Holik and/or Lindros has played better than Messier this year then I will agree with you. Until that time, I will have to disagree with this statement because Messier has single handedly won games for them this year. How many goals does Lindros have? Messier now has triple the goals of each player.

Why do people look at who should be getting more ice team by what they earn and who they are and their age? Isn't it a team sport with everyone having the same GOAL and that is winning! Like they're doing! With Messier getting a lot of ice team! Where is the problem with this?