View Single Post
Old
01-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
1) Who are the best pests in the league?
Habs had one in Lapierre. I like Kaleta's game and Avery's too. However I think in a year or two, Gallagher can fit that role quite well while playing in the top 6 once he gets his scoring going.

2) What would it take to land Getzlaf? Is Plekanec / Cammalleri / 1st going to get it done?
I think with the 1st added in there and where Montreal is in the standings, Anaheim could be interested. I hope Montreal would not make this trade though because if the Habs are heading towards a lottery pick this year, they should keep that 1st and add a stud.

3) What would it take to land Scott and Bickell?
Picks, most likely or a player of equal calibre.

4) Who is a stabilizing physical force on defense with experience?
Kronwall jumps to mind right away, although keep in mind he's locked up in Detroit for the next seven years. Anton Volchenkov as well, but locked up in New Jersey for six years. Habs best bet is to retain the services of Emelin for as long as they can and build him up.

To answer your other inquiries...

1. no #1 centre
Draft one.

2. lack of size up the middle
Take a look into upcoming UFAs.

3. d is missing grit
Build around Emelin in terms of toughness on the point. Add another body if needed. Gorges is pretty gritty in the corners, which is why he's so good defensively and Subban can dish out some hits and get dirty in corners.

4. no third line that shuts down and pisses off opponents.
I think it's hard to evaluate after the bad road trip the Habs had. Once Gomez comes back, Eller can fill the third line centre role where he played a very solid two-way game and shut down opponents quite well with the help of AK.

5. no fourth liners who can change momentum
White is injured. Give him time to get back and the Habs will have that.

Shawn Wilken is offline   Reply With Quote