View Single Post
Old
01-01-2012, 02:28 PM
fauxflex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
That game was awesome. Seeing the last ever Lindros -> LeClair goal is something I will never forget. They were really hustling out there, too, looked great. All around it was the most fun I've had at a game and it was really just...awesome.
When I saw Lindros building up a head of steam along the boards, win that puck and blow past the guy and LeClair streaking down the left side, it really did recapture some of that old magic. It broke the 0-0 tie in classic fashion (despite the Flyers getting heavily outsot) and was definitely a high point of the event. Bernie's saves were a delight to watch and the crowd showed their appreciation, another highlight. Howe making a real solid defensive play and scoring on that penalty shot...loved it. The reception for Lindros, of course, was a great moment. Another moment I loved was Clarke getting in some stick work during a minor collision he had with a Ranger a few feet from the bench boards...anyone catch that or know if that was that shown on TV? The other thing I'd say was the overall athmosphere, seeing the place decked out with all the Flyers and Winter Classic signage, seeing the rink from different vantage points as I walked around with my 5 year old who was taking it all in. Just a great event all around.

fauxflex is offline   Reply With Quote