View Single Post
Old
01-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Pleks is great don't get me wrong. I believe we need to get a #1 center and #1 D that can assume control of this team. Getting pushed around, being forced to play a defensive style, losing battles because of size, etc. have all taken their toll on this group mentally. Getzlaf, however, is significantly better than Plekanec. Someone else can do the PK duties.
And who is going to make this blockbuster trade ? Gauthier ?

You're talking about the guy who replaced Martin with Cunneyworth, and then replaced Cunneyworth with his assistant GM who has never coached ever. All internal promotions which have the advantage of not costing anything. This looks to me like Gauthier can't hire his own coach. Molson wouldn't want to fire Gauthier this summer and have his new GM stuck with the old GM's coach. So this begs the question.. if Gauthier doesn't even have power to hire an ass. coach... you think he has the power to make a big trade involving our first round pick ?

Pressing concern is stability with management and coaching as well as a clear direction as to where this team is headed. Big trades hopefully will come after that. But until we have a plan in place... this talk of improving the team is futile at best. Gauthier will not survive past the summer. Might not even survive the end of the season. So I don't see any big deals in place for anything until that is addressed.

Des Louise is online now   Reply With Quote