View Single Post
Old
01-01-2012, 07:02 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
That's great news for this poll since McDonagh has played high quality defense for 81 games in his career.

Subban hasn't been that good defensively this year, even got scratched once.... McDonagh part of one of the best defense pairings in the league.

For a defense first defenseman, McDonagh seems to have the same amount of points as offensive superstar PK Subban too......
Quote:
Originally Posted by APuckHog View Post
McD has played 76 games, Subban has played 117. What a huge difference.

And McD puts up just as good numbers and Subban but yet he is a rock in his own zone unlike Subban.
By saying 40 games I mean this season. HF has a wonderful "what have you done for me lately" philosophy.

Montreal is having a rough year, replaced their head coach and almost every player is under performing - their best defensive forward is -10.

A lot of people are comparing the two defenseman based directly off stats without taking into consideration that McD plays for the best team in the NHL and Subban plays on one of the worst, who, like I said is adjusting to a new head coach.

I like McD and he is very solid but Subban has higher potential IMO and it's easier to teach defense then it is offense.