View Single Post
Old
01-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
Yes, throw away my whole list because of a few mistakes I did. I'm sorry I have a life and don't have time to keep up with 30 teams in the league..that said:

30 CENTERS:
-Sedin ...clearly center
-Malkin...clearly center
-Stamkos...clearly center
-Datsyuk...clearly center
-Backstrom...clearly center
-Spezza...clearly center
-Toews...clearly center
-Kopitar...clearly center
-Hopkins...clearly center
-Weiss...clearly center
-Mikko Koivu...clearly center
-Tyler Seguin...clearly center
-John Tavares...clearly center
-Joe Thornton...clearly center
-Ryan Kesler...clearly center
-Brad Richards...clearly center
-Mike Richards...clearly center
-Patrice Bergeron...clearly center
-Getzlaf...clearly center
-Lecavalier...clearly center
-Eric Staal...clearly center
-Jordan Staal...clearly center
-Derek Roy...clearly center
-Jeff Carter...clearly center
-Sidney Crosby...clearly center
-Eberle...clearly center
-Patrick Marleau...clearly center
-Danny Briere...clearly center
-Joe Pavelski...clearly center
-Patrick Sharp...clearly center

Other centers held in the same standard as Plek:
Henrique
Ribeiro
Jokinen
Grabovski
Krejci
Savard
Briere, at this point in his career, is about the same as Plek, and is far inferior defensively. There's no way anyone would take Jokinen or Grabovski ahead of Plekanec. Jokinen's having a decent season, but these past few years, he's been horrible. Grabovski is doing good in a run and gun system, and even then, he doesn't produce any more than Tomas. And he's having a very meh season so far.

Krejci has decent offensive numbers, comparable to Plekanec, but again, not on the same level defensively. Henrique... Hum... WAY too early. Same for Hopkins. He has cooled down quite a bit recently, and the guy is completely inept defensively (now don't get me wrong, I'd take him over Plek because he'll get better eventually, but not this year).

A lot of these guys are really tough to compare to Plekanec. Then you have Eric Staal is having a disastrous season, but you know he can be much better than that and odds are, he'll bounce back. Jordan Staal is having a good season, and he's one of the best defensive forward in the game, but even then, his numbers aren't impressive.

Of course, a lot of guys on that list are clearly better. I just think you exaggerated a lot on some of those choices just to make a point. Plek as a first line center isn't the best option, but give him some better wingers, or a different system, and I'm sure you'd get some better numbers. But even while playing under one of the most restrictive coaches in the league, he still managed to rack up some good numbers.

I mean, the Bruins won the cup with two centers comparable to Plek as their 1-2 punch. I don't think he's the problem.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure what the problem is. I look at this roster and it's really not that bad. We have a decent offense. We have a decent defense. We have a good goalie... Yet the offense isn't producing. The defense isn't clicking, Price is starting to let in some weak goals... I have no idea.

Gabe84 is online now   Reply With Quote