View Single Post
Old
01-01-2012, 10:18 PM
flyersguy33*

vCash: 500
Made it to Nationals back in 2003 with my midget team. Was pretty cool how we got there. Lost our first game of the double elimination round robin so we dropped to the losers bracket and had to win our next 5 games. Won those to get to the finals. Played the team we lost our first game to in the round robin in a best of 3 with the winner going to nationals. Lost the first game again and then won the next two. As a goalie I didnt play in any of those games. Got to Nationals and I played 2 of the 3 pool play games. First game we won 5-1 and I had 26 saves. Second game I played we lost 2-1 in OT, but I had something like 52 saves. Should have played in the quarter finals but I didnt and we ended up losing.

In high school we played in a tournament. That year was the first year for our school team, we had a team before but the school split the previous year. We played the defending state champs in a semi final game. We were down 1 with like 2 minutes left, we score to tie the game and force OT. No one scores in OT so we go to a shootout in which we ended up winning and I didnt allow a goal. Was a pretty good feeling.

Played D3 club hockey in college. Had won game where we won 5-4. The other team had 84 shots on goal. Needless to say, I pretty much stole that game. Last year we beat a team in our league that hadnt lost a league game in over 2 years and always went to nationals and did really well there.

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote