View Single Post
Old
01-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Eric Lindros

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betts11 View Post
I think you don't understand not everyone feels the same way you do. I never hated Lindros and I know many people who feel the same why as I do.

I only know a few people who didn't like him. Just because a some people hate him doesn't mean the entire fan base does.

The guy gave 110 percent what more do you want? Its about hockey and what he is doing on the ice that matters to me and he brought it day in and day out.
Thank you. Was just going to post this. I would say very confidently that the vast majority of Flyers fans liked or, at worst, were indifferent to Lindros.

Most of the people that "hated" him were staff (who were in the wrong) and those fans that bought into Bobby Clarke's criticisms.

I remember hearing Clarke criticize him back then and strip the captaincy. Then I remember Lindros working his ass off to come back from a concussion to do everything he could to help his team, score the only Flyers goal in game 6 against the Devils, then have his Flyers career ended while trying to carry a team whose management didn't want him on his back.

I was young back then, but it was pretty obvious which side (management vs Lindros) I wanted to support.

Eric Lindros is offline   Reply With Quote