View Single Post
Old
12-16-2005, 08:20 AM
Default101

vCash: 500
Sarnia Sting 2008 Memorial Cup Bid..

As it's been no secret the Sting have decided to build around landing the Memorial Cup in the 07-08 season so i wanted to take a second to look at what their roster would look like, how likely is it that we could land it?...
this is what they have so far obviously there will be deals made by then that will change this but here is what were looking at as of right now...

Forwards
Richard Clune (OA) - Ryan McInerney - Tomas Pospisil (OA)
Daniel Lombardi - Jared Gomes - Harrison Reed
Kyle Tront - Kody Musselman - Danny Anger
Brandon Mashinter - xxxxxxxx - Steve Savor

Defence
Mark Katic - Cody Goloubef
Steve Ferry - Matt McCready (OA)
Thomas Policelli - xxxxxxxxxxxx

Goaltending
Parker VanBuskirk
???????????

looks somewhat solid to me considering this isn't including 2 years of trading they'd be doing to build towards it, and 2 years of drafting they'll do to add in more skill looks like the left side is completely set considering thats pretty much what they're working with, VanBuskirk may be the best goaltender in the OHL by a large margin by 07-08, Katic is already among the leagues most skilled defenceman at his age the only thing they really need to improve on is getting a few Centers and Right Wingers maybe another defenceman or 2? however i could easily see Painchaud and Tuzzolino getting delt either by the end of this year, or next year huge fan of Painchaud myself so it woul dbe too bad, we culd get somethin for Jeff MacDougald but they're going to keep him as a skilled veteran to show VanBuskirk the ropes and split starts this season.

Last edited by Default101: 01-04-2006 at 01:45 PM.