View Single Post
Old
01-02-2012, 06:34 AM
Brunomics

vCash: 500
Up until his injuries the sky was the limit for DP. I think if we rewind all the bs that happened with him back to the 06-07 season there wouldn't be a poster here that wouldn't be pumped to have him in the net. But sadly that all came to a crashing halt. I still remember the two games that made me realize that DP wouldn't be the same. The first was a game vs Toronto during Christmas time when DP made a surprising spot start(in a 4-1 win). He just looked hurt the whole time, basically stretching in between ever stoppage and just being beyond careful in his movements, almost a precursor to what we see today from him. The second was that Dallas game in which he finally made his comeback. I was excited to see him back but you just knew something was wrong, thought it was rust but it really was DP, his body just isn't the same and doesn't allow for the style that he was used to playing.

Concerning Richter he was the only Ranger in the 90's I didn't hate, loved watching him play it was almost a treat. But I never realized that he only had a winning record 5 out of his 14 seasons with the Rags. That was actually quite surprising. Close to 500 a lot of those seasons so it wasn't a wide discrepancy but I thought he had a winning record almost ever year.