View Single Post
Old
01-02-2012, 08:24 AM
le_sean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
AS FAR AS THIS TOURNAMENT IS CONCERNED (Disclaimer: This is not a critic as far as their future with us...), it's pretty sad to see that we have 5 prospects in a tournament and nobody is actually shining. Everybody does their job. But not at the level of a Kuznetsov or Stone.

But at least, for me, nobody dissapointed. I expected Beaulieu to either not make it or be #7. So I can't be disspointed. He could have just surprised me. And what's great is that I beleive he just added a few ounce of humility.
I'm sorry, but didn't Kuznetsov get all of his 9 points in one game against Latvia? I wouldn't really call that shining.

As for Stone, he's great, but how much pro potential does he really have? His skating definitely limits him. Maybe he becomes a 2nd liner.

I don't know how to grade him, but Tinordi did shine in my mind. He looked good in NHL preseason and in this tournament. He seems to raise his level of play when the competition is stronger.

I agree about the humility with Beaulieu. The exact same thing Subban went through his first time around. The only difference was that Subban was able to redeem himself the year after.