View Single Post
Old
01-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I'm sorry, but didn't Kuznetsov get all of his 9 points in one game against Latvia? I wouldn't really call that shining.

As for Stone, he's great, but how much pro potential does he really have? His skating definitely limits him. Maybe he becomes a 2nd liner.

I don't know how to grade him, but Tinordi did shine in my mind. He looked good in NHL preseason and in this tournament. He seems to raise his level of play when the competition is stronger.

I agree about the humility with Beaulieu. The exact same thing Subban went through his first time around. The only difference was that Subban was able to redeem himself the year after.
Again, you're talking about pro potential here. I'm not. Solely about what we saw in the tournament. Reason for the capital letters and the disclaimer.

As far as Kuznetsov is concerned, well no matter the competition, he was at 1 point from being tied with a Peter Forsberg record. And all the best teams once plays against weaker opposition. It doesn't make them look as good as Kuznetsov did. And against tough opposition, while not having points, he was really dangerous out there. But if you don't like my Kuznetsov example, might as well take Friberg.

Again though, it does NOT mean they won't end up being serviceable at the NHL level. Far from it. Just talking about the actual competition.