View Single Post
Old
01-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Tinordi's been my most pleasant surprise because some recent reports on him had given me flashbacks of David Fischer.
Don't see where you got those reports. Totally 2 different types of players. And I think that even in his struggles, it is pretty clear that Tinordi AT WORST, has a NHL spot already guaranteed as a #6. Thing is, as a 1st round pick, this is NOT what you want out of your choice.

It was always about perfecting his art as far as Tinordi is concerned. While Fischer has to TOTALLY take his potential and make it a hockey player. MUCH TOUGHER thing to do for Fischer. And a total waste of pick for the unknown factor that he was. At least not top 30. In 2009, I can tell you that there were at least 3 guys like him with the same pedigree or almost. Guys like Brian Dumoulin in 2009 who went 51. Mike Alt in 2010 who went #53 or even Justin Holl in 2010 who went #54. Or Julian Melchiori who went #87. Big tall guys, tons of filling to do and a style to develop. Yes some years are better than others but there were MUCH interesting players with higher potential to be drafted earlier.

Which is probably the only comparision you could made with Tinordi vs Fischer. There were players that were drafted later with much better potential. But Tinordi is MUCH safer to play in the NHL than Fischer ever dreamed to be.