View Single Post
Old
01-02-2012, 01:44 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Stats last season point to a bunch of turnovers. Is it normal for a shutdown guy to be your turnover leader? So you don't think Bruce made Carlson cut his teeth defensively. Yeah it's a figure of speech subject to interpretation. Shutdown role yet leading team in turnovers = cutting teeth to me.

Was he a defensive stalwart as a prospect? I thought that was more Alzner. You should have no problem pointing out other rookie / 1st year defensemen of 74's ilk that were in shutdown roles their entire first full year.

Green is not stronger.. how do you know... aren't they roughly the same build? I see Green stronger on the boards, but that is just my opine. You know young players often lack strength, right? Did Carlson beef up over the summer?

lets keep the argument going until we the next GDT we can argue in.
* its normal for a puck mover to have a lot of turnovers. a dump in controlled by the opposition is a turnover. the more you have the puck, the more turnovers you commit.

* boudreau didnt make carlson cut his teeth defensively. you actually think boudreau was using the kid as his shutdown RD down the stretch and in the playoffs for a reason other than he was the best choice?

* alzner is a d first defenseman. most coaches match one of those with a puck mover. there's a reason why two d first defense dont tend to play together and when they do, like hannan and erskine or hannan and schultz, its a failure.

* carlson, younger and growing is listed at 6-2 220 and green more developed at 6-2 210. but i just watch them in the corners. carlson is strong on his skates and green is faster.

again we can agree to disagree. i just dont see how you could believe that boudreau would choose to match carlson against gaborik and stamkos and st louis in the playoffs for any reason other than he was the best choice. he chose alzner overf hannan because alzner was better.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote