View Single Post
Old
01-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
I cannot believe the things he said about Cunnyworth.

I realize there is drama in the media, and frankly, I'm of the opinion the coach should speak french if only to cut the circus this creates...

But he basically just fired Cunnyworth in that press conference. There is a complete lack of respect for the team, the coach and the, frankly, the season in his comments. You cannot throw your coach under the bus like this. He said that being bilingual is a key requirement of the next coach and that Cunnyworth is only temporary.

If that is the case, why the hell is he there? How is he supposed to command any respect from his players when it's clear that anything short of a random Cup run isn't going to keep him behind the bench (and I doubt that would be enough).

The comments may quell some media members for a week or two, but it was a horrible thing to say about an employee who is struggling to turn things around right now. We all kind of knew he was likely a lame duck coach, but I've never seen a team make it official like that. Absurd.
It's pretty sickening.

I gave Gauthier some leeway with the Pearn firing, I didn't think it deserved the media backlash that it generated. But everything since has just gone to show that decisions like that and the complete lack of tact by management are the rule rather than the exception.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote