View Single Post
Old
01-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Lucius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
like I said in previous threads, about the coach not speaking french and all, the WHOLE blame is on the Org on this.

they knew very well when they fired JM that an unilingual coach would create a HUGE storm (unless they're REALLY stupid). They did it anyway, then PG saying language can be learned, then Molson issuing a statement, and now PG talking about a new coach...

all this is a joke... not only did they miss big time thinking there wouldnt much of an issue with an unilingual coach... but the best they can find to calm things down is to throw their employee under the bus...

and all the guy is asking is a chance to prove his worth as a HC. (to other org. obviously, but still)
Well it started with Molson's statement. He said basically the same thing and from that point forward it was clear that Cunnyworth had no chance. I feel bad for him in this, but for them to double down on it today is just once again twisting the knife.

Complete lack of class sums up this organization right now. They're seriously hard to like and we're starting to see that show up. I've never seen more empty seats in the arena than this year, despite it being supposedly sold out. It's BS.

Honestly, if I had to guess, I'd take this further. Things started going sideways the moment Molson took over. First forcing Boivin out, albeit slowly. Then the Gauthier/Gainey mess after Gainey reshaped the team. Now this.

Organizations inherit the personality of their bosses and to me you have to trace this to the top. Molson is responsible, but given we're stuck with him, let's hope he knows enough to step back and put some people in charge who know what they're doing.

Doubt it though.

Bold prediction: Molson is the GM within 2-3 years.

Second prediction: If it happens, it's the day I pick a new team to cheer for.

This whole thing reminds me of the Dallas Cowboys.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote