View Single Post
Old
01-02-2012, 04:14 PM
RandR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Well it started with Molson's statement. He said basically the same thing and from that point forward it was clear that Cunnyworth had no chance. I feel bad for him in this, but for them to double down on it today is just once again twisting the knife.

Complete lack of class sums up this organization right now. They're seriously hard to like and we're starting to see that show up. I've never seen more empty seats in the arena than this year, despite it being supposedly sold out. It's BS.

Honestly, if I had to guess, I'd take this further. Things started going sideways the moment Molson took over. First forcing Boivin out, albeit slowly. Then the Gauthier/Gainey mess after Gainey reshaped the team. Now this.

Organizations inherit the personality of their bosses and to me you have to trace this to the top. Molson is responsible, but given we're stuck with him, let's hope he knows enough to step back and put some people in charge who know what they're doing.

Doubt it though.

Bold prediction: Molson is the GM within 2-3 years.

Second prediction: If it happens, it's the day I pick a new team to cheer for.

This whole thing reminds me of the Dallas Cowboys.
Right on!

A fish rots from the head down.

My hope is that in the off-season Molson hires a good GM and doesn't interfere at all with his job. If Molson ever takes over as GM then I start cheering for someone else too.

RandR is offline   Reply With Quote