The Management thread 3.0 (All GM/Coaching discussion here)
View Single Post
01-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Join Date: Oct 2006
Originally Posted by
Would you hire the guy that I listed in my post that you replied to?
Hint--Its not Claude Loiselle.
Edit to add. Unlike you, I am tired of the pussification of this team by Gainey and Gauthier. So yes, undeniably,
the new GM has to be an advocate of tough hockey that *gasp* includes fighting.
that's a great resume... with no substance... and chances are it's not much better or worse than the resumes from MOST GM/coaches in the league... even the bad ones have some interesting stuff to put in theirs, or stuff that looks interesting at the very least.
- was he a good agent ? resume doesnt show
- a good attorney ? resume doesnt show
- a good asst. GM ? resume doesnt show
- does he really believe what he says ? only in interview it will show
so, to awnser your question, only a ****** would hire someone based on a resume alone...
at the very best, a great resume gets you an interview, nothing more...
can pretend otherwise, but you're not interested in anything but fights anyway... everything comes down to fight for you.
- we dont score enough goals ? get a fighter
- we dont have a great game plan ? get into fights
- our 1st line C has to be used as a shutdown C ? replace him with a fighter
- our D has huge holes ? missing a goon or two
missed anything ?
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by ECWHSWI