View Single Post
Old
01-02-2012, 06:03 PM
iamcanadian23

vCash: 500
It's a shame our goaltending became such an issue on such a big stage, yet again. From Bryzgalov's ridiculously stupid interviews yesterday and all the way through to the end of this game - all eyes were focused on our net and added pressure to an already intense game.

I believe in Bobrovsky, who is still young and showing improvement in his sophmore season. Realizing he laid an egg today, and has had similar showings earlier this year - he's still able to put together wonderful stretches when playing with confidence. As a whole, he is standing up longer and handling the puck better and playing tougher - but he still battles with consistency and letting in those poorly timed goals of the non-highlight-reel variety. I'm still going to show patience with this kid, young and in only his second year - expecting an elite level goaltender at his age is too much, in my opinion.

Secondly - in a wild twist - I will trust in Bryzgalov too. This guy has performed well in past years, whether you attribute that to a defensive-minded system or not - there is still skill there. He's a big guy who usually plays angles well and has gotten the job done as part of some weak teams recently. Maybe it's the pressure of playing in this city, because he is seemingly proving to be quite casual and fragile about everything - but let's give him some adjustment time here, still early.

iamcanadian23 is offline   Reply With Quote