View Single Post
Old
01-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I would disagree only because we saw him handle weight just fine last year. I do not think Blum's problem is anything physical. It is all mental with him. He sees a play, and doesn't trust what he sees. That is why anytime he has a bit of time he has made poor passes or the wrong read. Now that I type this, I wonder that, because the game was so fast after making the jump to the NHL, Blum had no time to think and just played. Now that his brain has caught up to the pace, he overthinks.
Bingo! That is the most frustrating thing to watch with Blum this season. He makes a good read with the puck, but doesn't trust it. Instead of seeing the play, then making the play...he see it, looks for other options, goes back to his initial read, stares it down, then makes the pass!

See the play, make the play. Simplify your game. Trust your instincts. You can see him making the correct read on his first read almost every time...problem is that he's only making that play right away less than 50% of the time...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote