View Single Post
Old
01-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
There are multiple ways to deflect blame. Some are way more obvious than others. That said, I agree, I don't expect him to commit seppuku in front of everyone but how he did it wasn't exactly a rallying cry. Leadership starts from the top. Those questions were obvious, he knew he'd get asked some variations of those questions. He had to have answers prepared that would communicate exactly the right vibe to the rest of the org and the fans. Those answers definitely didn't communicate anything good to me as a fan. But I'm just one guy with one opinion.
This comes back to the exchange we had not long ago and why I think his personality and obvious lack of PR know-how has already sealed his fate, no matter how many good moves he made prior or will afterwards. A GM for this organization has to project leadership and competence to fans and media, otherwise he's going to get killed as soon as he falters, without having a chance to build something positive over the average GM shelf life (5 years or so).

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote