View Single Post
Old
12-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadiggitystank
^If I'm Colorado, no way in hell I do that.

They fix their problem in goal..but create huge holes on their offense now and in the future, not to mention it's a category they're already struggling in

I really can't see Colorado proposing a trade that would include both of them.

Budaj/Aeb, Wolski/Svatos, and a 1st is the most I think would be offered.

It may be less than what Florida fans are calling for, but even then, what other team could top that offer?
If Philly was so inclined, they could top that offer easily IMO by using one of Carter or Richards in addition to Niittymaki.

I'd actually suggest something along the following:

Budaj AND Aebischer, Wolski and a 1st for Luongo and a forward like Kolnik

That would give FL 2 guys that could split the starts as well as a young forward that won't cost them anything against the cap this yr and a pick in the draft (and doesn't force them to move a skater off their roster). Colorado gets its franchise goalies plus a cheap, young forward to shore up their depleted corps. Probably couldn't happen until Florida got Anthony Stewart back from injury and word is that won't be until after the Olympic break. Still that's a pretty average offer at best and the improved play of Luongo may signal an increase in his value on the trade market.