View Single Post
Old
01-03-2012, 12:43 AM
zeroG

vCash: 500
a continuation of http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1068249&page=3, in the appropriate place. this is reasonable discussion to have, imo. atf agrees above and he was the one who posted the story today and so re-opened the discussion.

i also disagree that i was flaming or insulting. there's no question that some who've responded here are biased and/or dislike the canadiens and their fans, for various reasons.

in said thread, the froggy sayeth:

Quote:
I deleted the parts that were inflammatory. Disagree with me if you like, but please refrain from being insulting.

Personally, I don't care what Montreal does. I don't hate them at all (although the behavior of some of their fans at the BAC has been very offensive)... well, I don't hate them any more than any other future division rival I should say.

I think the FANS have every right to ask for a coach that represents them. When the ORGANIZATION comes to and says that hiring someone who is not french speaking was a mistake, that's different. It's discriminatory. Organizations are held to a different standard than guys on the street (or dumb hockey players). Poorly played by the Habs. They should have kept their mouths shut and fired him over the all star break because of the team's poor performance.

Let's just agree to disagree on the rest. This is a Barch thread, not a Habs coaching thread. If you feel the need to debate this with me further, please do it via PM.
uh... so "organizations" like, say, any business in miami that requires applicants be bilingual in english and spanish are discriminating or racists??? no - it's neither discrimination nor racism. this is the quebecois' team and one of the most (if not THE most) important institutions in the province where french is the official language.

the habs probably should've coached cunneyworth on how to deal the promotion.... unless they really didn't care if he failed. either way, the critics of the organization (and the province) have nothing to stand on. the history of the organization as articulated in the times' post repeated in the barch thread ought to make that abundantly clear.