View Single Post
Old
01-03-2012, 06:17 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
I've played roller hockey since I was 7 yrs old, and I'm now 25. Pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. Abec 9's may be fine for some very advanced players, but can be a bit much for beginners. I considered myself advanced, and still wouldn't go higher than an Abec 7. The idea is to go fast, but also have control. Boss Swiss Bearings or BSB's(brand name not type of bearing)are very well known here in the states and are of excellent quality. Perhaps Bones are more common where your from. Also, maybe things have changed and more younger players are using the A9's and swiss(type) bearings now, but again I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who doesn't play much. JMHO...take it or leave it.
well you're right about beginners sticking to Abec 5-7 ....but I just thought it was odd you'd say Abec 9s are for speed skating when you agree about recommending Swiss bearings, which are supposed to be even above Abec 9s that was all.

and yeah when I think of Swiss bearings I think of the Bones my bad, specially the ceramic ones which now those are supposed to be like levitating

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote