View Single Post
Old
01-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Crease

vCash: 500
Torts Quote: "Glue Guys"

This was my favorite quote by Torts so far this season. After the WC last night, a reporter asked him the following:

Quote:
The first goal, obviously you needed it and you got it, but when you take a step back, how happy are you for Mike to get one for the first time since the injury?
Here was John's response:

Quote:
I am happy for him and Pruster, two guys Iím trying to find ice for. We have had some guys playing pretty well. They have been like four, five-minute guys and plus they do the heavy lifting when it comes to that kind of stuff.

I just donít want them to think thatís their only role. Thatís the big reason why we signed him, we know he can play. We know Pruster can play. Itís been a little bit of a struggle.

To see them ignite us a little bit? Not only me, but the team, I think thatís important. They are glue guys. They are very important to the team in the room, and I think everybody pulls for those type of players, because they know they are being taken care of on the ice with them, and so it was a good thing to see.
I really liked this quote. This is a close-knit group of guys. If we keep the turnover low, I think we'll be in contention for the next 3-5 years at least. Sather has done a tremendous job building out this current roster and Torts is doing an equally impressive job getting everyone to buy into his system. The hits, blocked shots, and fight totals speak for themselves.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote