View Single Post
Old
01-03-2012, 10:07 AM
egelband

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashiva View Post
I agree. We got a very interesting core of players. YOUNG players with lot of space to grow. The upcoming season we will free up a lot of cap money from different sources, like old buy-outs, not QO-ing some players, and to some UFA's. I think it's pretty important though that we don't go out and sign some big name next summer. Why? Because MDZ will be an RFA at the end of this season, and he can expect a pretty big pay raise. But more importantly, the season after next we have McDonaugh, Sauer, Stepan, Hagelin and Anisimov as RFA's who can expect a big pay raise if they keep developing like they do. And as RangerBoy stated, we also have Kreider in the system, ready to turn pro.

We definitely need to keep all the money we can to be able to sign these players, as they will almost certainly be a big part of this team. I know it's not really the Rangers way and that people expect, and want us, to sign some big name UFA over the summer. But personally, I sincerely hope that Sather holds his horses and play it cool. The upcoming 2-3 seasons will be VERY interesting with the core of youngsters we have, both pro's and unsigned prospects. I don't think we need to sign a big-name star for $6 million/year.
Good point. Stay the course, Glen.

egelband is online now   Reply With Quote