View Single Post
Old
01-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Whiskeypete

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post
Is this a good trade or a horrible NHL12 type trade?

To LA:
Tuomo Ruutu
Chad Larose

To Carolina:
Dustin Penner
Alec Martinez
4th round pick

my guess is it would take more to do this deal. i still would like to see Gleason added also into the mix, but that depends on what they do next year with Scuds and Willie long-term. also seems as though BFF has turned to Greene and is leaning on him for leadership, which leads me to believe he isn't going anyplace like some wish and have speculated. Fox was commenting last night about this and how Sutter is having Greene essentially mentor JJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Right now trying to get Ruutu early makes the most sense. He plays Sutter style hockey, plays either wing which would be very valuable on this team, and has skill to score in the vicinity of 60 points and hit 300.

We have half a season to evaluate him and convince him to stay. Other then the Elite Parise next year, Ruutu will be one of the top free agents. His production will replace what Penner was suppose to bring, but bring grit as well
Ruutu would be a major upgrade over Penner. watching him play just kills me. i don't understand how somebody with his size, skill and ice time just CANNOT be effective. he is never strong on the puck, or off of it. he just floats, that is the best description i can make about him. floats around, looking for a pass or turnover. the guy is a day late and dollar short on every shift.