View Single Post
Old
01-03-2012, 11:36 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
Rangers look to be good for a while now. Funny, we pulled off a complete rebuild in only about 5 years while still being a playoff team nearly the entire time. Meanwhile, some teams (one just a few miles to the east) have been in rebuild mode for two decades and still have nothing to show for it. Makes me happy.

Summer of 2013 might get scary thought. Ani, Step, Sauer, Hagelin, McD all need new deals at the same time. RFAs, but still most likely looking at about 15 million right there. eek.

And if 2013 is the "Summer of the RFA", then 2014 is the "UFA-Fest 2014" with Lundqvist, Cally, Girardi, and Gabby (or his replacement) up for the big bucks. ouch.

That will be two big hits in a row there. I hope the cap can absorb it.

This summer though, looks like it will be pretty tame in NYC, and thats not a bad thing. Just wrap up MDZ, and find a way to keep Biron in town. Not too bad.
Lundqvist isn't getting much more than he is making now. They will commit years to him, but his annual salary is going to be pretty much where it is now.

Cally? I think similar money to what he is getting today as well. I love Callahan, but paying 50+ point player 6+ million is not something I am prepared to do.

Girardi could expect a bump if he continues his good play.

Gaborik is gone., or he stays at the same salary or less.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote