View Single Post
Old
01-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Bauer Warrior*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles View Post
Even more comical is the revisionist history some people inexplicably use to kick the guy when he's down, as exhibited in the posts quoted here (among others). "Semi-decent year"? "Second rounder at best"? Give me a break.

As someone who was never high on Rick and considered Draft Day 2000 a disaster even when things were looking up, I take little pleasure in saying Rick was very good in his all-star year. Even ignoring what I saw in his play and going by the numbers, his SV% that year (often the most telling goalie stat IMO) was 6th among goalies who played at least 10 games. He seemed to be maturing, was starting to shed the bad habits that made most of us think he'd never live up to the billing, and briefly even made it seem like Milbury knew what he was doing. Unfortunately, the injury bug then set in and has effectively finished off his career, so we'll never know how good he might've been.

To summarize, there are plenty of legitimate negative things one could say about Ricky and his career - no need to make things up entirely and **** on the few accomplishments he's actually had.
06-07 was undoubtedly his best year, but I wouldn't say he was amazing.