View Single Post
Old
01-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
If Ray Shero isn't willing to move Bennett or a 1st for Hemsky (and I wouldn't be given Hemsky's injury history and impending UFA status), then I'm not sure the Pens have the pieces left to win that bidding war. I mean, Tangradi and a 2nd? Don't you think Detroit or Buffalo will top that? Or, do you consider moving TK, something like TK and a 2nd? Does that really get it done?

I could see the Pens being interested in Hemsky for the PP and as a skilled RW to play with Staal until Sid comes back or full time if he doesn't. Or, maybe you shift Neal to LW and go with Neal-Geno-Hemsky on the Sidless Pens. Not sure I like it.

That said, I'd anticipate that the Pens only get him IF the Oilers can't get the price they're initially going to set.
That's such a big part of it...injuries moreso than UFA.

I said at the start of the year that I wouldn't trade much of consequence for Hemsky if he couldn't prove he could stay healthy for most of the year...well, not only has he been hurt for a good portion of the season, he's also seriously underperformed when he has been on the ice.

I'd still add him if the price were right (ie definitely not Bennett or a 1st), but like you say, that may not be enough.