Thread: Center dilemma
View Single Post
Old
12-17-2005, 12:38 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Extremely premature, but...
With our entire lineup healthy and the acquistion of Weiss for Erat, I could forsee lines something along with line of...

Kariya-Legwand-Hartnell
Sullivan-Weiss-Walker
Upshall-Johnson-Hall
Smithson/Hordichuk-Fiddler/Nichol-Tootoo/Stevenson

Personally, I don't like how slow Stevenson is and really like how Fiddler and Smithson have performed this season. Smithson proved he can play left wing prior to Johnson's injury and both he and Fiddler have become two of our top penalty killers, but...is there room for both? Stevenson provides us with size and grit...Tootoo and Upshall I believe are the only two eligible to be sent down to Milwaukee without having to clear waivers. Would Smithson or Fiddler clear waivers? Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they were plucked. I really liked the energy and discipline Tootoo showed last night and would don't see him going down prior to Stevenson's return. Umm...I know Trotz likes to only keep 22 players, but I'm not sure who I would send down right now. Thankfully I don't have to make those decisions, but I'm leaning towards Tootoo in this scenario. But that would still leave us with 23. If push comes to shove...I would also send back Upshall to get more playing time and move Fiddler or Smithson to left wing on Johnson's line and split the other's time with Nichol at center on the fourth line depending on the opponent.

Again, totally premature, but...just my two cents