View Single Post
Old
01-03-2012, 01:22 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
I read on TIOPS that the Pens are high on Tuomo Ruutu. Can play center or wing, is a nice physical, two way player, seems like he would fit on the Penguins.
We've discussed Ruutu before here. I don't think Ruutu happens unless it's for Tangradi and a 2nd or TK and a 2nd, but I think Carolina can do better. In other words, I don't see Ray Shero dealing Bennett or a 1st for any potentially available impending UFA. The Hossa deal was a different story . . . Shero sees 1st round picks as 'gold' (his word) in the cap era, and the only reason he dealt it was because Hossa was an elite impact player who you thought you might have a chance, albeit a small one, to resign and who you saw making the team the prohibitive favorites in the East. Ruutu (and Hemsky) aren't that impact level, the chances of resigning either are none for cap reasons, and neither alone is going to make the Pens THE prohibitive favorite in the East, even with Sid.

The only exception I possibly could see is IF it were Selanne and the Pens were certain that Sid would be available for the playoffs. Otherwise, does anyone here see Shero dealing a 1st or Bennett for ANY impending UFA?