View Single Post
Old
01-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Dfence033

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
We're going to have a 20 man roster next year? Doubt it. And what if the cap goes down? It's not even worth commenting on the next 2 years.

You've made a ton of assumptions and haven't proven anything.

Parise will not be a Ranger. You can quote me on that.
What assumptions are those? Everyone said Richards wouldn't be signing for short of $8 mil/year caphit. I took the HIGH end of what Parise will likely get (given that this is, by all reports, the death of the "retirement" contract, and Parise will be looking for one, I can assure you). Not much of an assumption there. I assumed Del Zotto will be making $2.5 million/year as an RFA with spending one entire season (and not even his first) in the AHL, which I don't feel is going to be far off from what reality is. That roster alone leaves enough space for a 13th forward or 7th defenseman on the cheap ($800k got us Stralman this year). And I "assume" that the salary cap will not be going down, seeing as how everyone was 100% certain it would go down for this upcoming season, and it still rose because of the NHLPA. Do you think they back down now? I think that's an even bigger assumption. Farther down the line, my assumption is Boyle and Dubinsky can net ANYTHING of value beyond just capspace if needed. If you think otherwise, then...

Parise may not be a Ranger. But to not even explore the possibility is asinine. All I did was show that it's a possibility, and as such, should be at the very least entertained as a thought.

Dfence033 is offline   Reply With Quote