View Single Post
Old
01-03-2012, 02:57 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
a 2nd is a lot to give up imo for a 37 year old Prospal who is on pace or about 15 goals this year.

Remember how Freddy Modin worked out?
Prospal isn't Modin, and Modin didn't cost a 2nd, for good reason. We got Modin for basically a 2-for-1 coupon to DQ because no one wanted him. Prospal might only be on pace for 15 goals, but he's on pace for 56 points too, which would be second on the Kings.

As I said, he's not my ideal choice, I'd rather get a goalscorer, but if we gave up a pick for Prospal, I wouldn't be upset (as long as it wasn't a 1st).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Put him on the Penguins, Red Wings, Canucks, Blackhawks, Flyers, etc... And then tell me how overrated he is. Putting up 26 goals on the worst team in the NHL is not a walk in the park. I say he is both because he isn't a superstar forward that can do everything. He is pretty one dimensional. But he is also easily one of the top 5 power forwards in the game, and he could put up a 30-40 goal campaign with better talent and support around him, so he isn't just some 20 goal scorer (maybe on this team he is...), on a competent team he is actually very lethal.
Funny. He was on the same piss poor team the last several years and has scored at a higher clip every year but his rookie year. He finally gets someone (Carter) to take the pressure off him, and he's on pace for arguably his worst season.

Maybe Nash's one dimensional play is catching up to him and he's not scoring because he's overrated?

Like I said, I like him, but at that cap hit and the way he's producing, not to mention the inflated price it would take to get him, pass. We rag on guys enough here for not scoring. He has a cap hit double what any of our wingers has and isn't scoring enough. Why gut the team for that?

Overrated.