View Single Post
Old
01-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
The majority here thought he would sign for well over 7m per, despite the fact that there were repeated articles and informed individuals saying that it was unlikely to happen. Not his and RB's fault that they put more weight in the opinions of those in the industry than they put in the "majority opinion" and you shouldn't be annoyed at the people who actually pay attention.

No team gave him a serious offer of over $7.5m, meaning that the only teams that did were never seriously in the running to begin with.
Yeah... See I remember the complete opposite. I remember rumors of Calgary preparing to offer him something like 8years 64 mill and so on and plenty of articles being posted on here about how its possible Richards would get well upwards of 7 million. As a matter of fact, Dreger reported on TSN on the first day of free agent on the trade centre show on NHLN Frenzy about a Calgary offer of at least 8 million per.

How can you talk about informed posters/sources/articles and then have pure speculation with nothing to back it up?

There are very few "informed posters" who have any sort legitimate connections. The few are well connected, but many are not IMO.

Never said I was annoyed of anything and the arrogance here is getting to pathetic levels.