View Single Post
Old
01-03-2012, 04:37 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I voted for ROR, but honestly I don't think any of these centers draw the attention to fully utilize Hejduk's skills.
I really agree with you on that last bit. I would say Duchene as he is so good and unpredictable on the rush but after watching IBS's video again all I can think is how incredibly gifted Peter Forsberg was...he was so good on the wrap-arounds but had this incredible ability to convince folks he was going to wrap-around but still make a pass back behind him to a trailing winger (usually Hejduk) walking in off the wall to stick it in shortside after everyone moved off to cover Peter coming out the other side of the net. There were so many times they combined for this and the goalie would just stand their dumbstruck trying to figure out what had happened. In my opinion it was pure chemistry. The only other two players to have that kind of chemistry on the AVs were probably Turgeon and Svatos. They just new what the other team was thinking they were going to do and understood each other so well they could change it up after the goalie and/or d-men had committed and create goals/chances.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote