View Single Post
Old
01-03-2012, 04:37 PM
msv957

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
People need to stop expecting the 90 point Brad Richards. I can name the number of players one one hand that I've seen score 90 or more points playing on a 2nd line, and the last one I remember doing it did it 15 years ago. His name was Ron Francis.

If Richards is going to score 70 points on our 2nd line, sign me up for that now. I'll admit that I'm disappointed that he's not playing with Gaborik and scoring 90-100 points and setting up Marian for 50-55 goals, but this team is better with this guy on the 2nd line.

Oh, and to whoever said Callahan is doing just as much as Richards and being paid less, Callahan wouldn't be scoring like he is if it wasn't for Richards. Just remember that.
Good post. Torts has this playing hard and believing in his system. Some credit has to be given to Richards for being a professional by playing on the 2nd line and thus not having the shiny stats that he was brought here to be the first line center on a line with Gaborik.

Richards also has probably been a HUGE mentor for Stepan. This is a perfect situation for Stepan to watch and learn from a true professional in Richards.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote