View Single Post
Old
01-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
It is tempting to go get that draft pick, but we really don't know what it is, or if that pick we will use will pan out in to anything. Also, I would like to know who is available come July 1st. If like you say they're will be a bunch of players like him, and we don't overpay, then yes it is not a bad idea. But if we don't have anything to replace him with, like our 4th line center position at the beginning of the season, we will be in some trouble to start the next season.
I just don't get some people around here. Moen is a great dressing room guy, plays his heart out every game and most of you want to get rid of him. Josh Gorges is the defensive equivalent to Moen, why can't he get a fraction of the respect you guys give Gorges?
Checking wingers on the UFA market are a lot cheaper than good stay at home defensemen. I don't think any guys like Moen have ever signed for 4-4.5 mil(see Komisarek Michalek Regehr Hamhuis etc).

At the end of the day PG has to figure out what price makes sense for Moen and make his camp an offer, if they can geta reasonable deal done then keep him, otherwise you put him on the block and see what offers you get.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote